Thursday, July 17, 2008

music shakers

Materials:
Empty coffee can
beans
fabric
ribbon
thread
glue (I used a glue gun to make extra secure)



This is an easy way to make a music shaker and not worry about beans getting into little mouths!

Fill an empty coffee can with beans. Place lid back on can. Cut a large piece of fabric and roll around can, gluing down to secure the fabric. I secured each end with thread then tied large ribbons around the thread. This gives the children "handles" to hold while shaking their music makers!



Play some fun music and enjoy shaking to the beat!!!

2 comments:

8invitations.com said...

So my kids continually come home from church, school, wherever with bags full of crap, I mean crafts, that just end up in the recycling bin. You make things with your kids that I would actually buy! Your kids should start an etsy store :) Avery would love to spend hours crafting with you. I just color.

craftykorisa said...

Oh thank you! Maybe we should start an etsy store...that would be fun!

Tell Avery she is welcome to come down and craft anytime...her mama could play with my little ones!