Tuesday, June 24, 2008

letters collage

This is a good way to study letters and introduce vocabulary to younger children.

Materials needed:
large piece of paper
marker
old magazines
scissors
glue

Using old magazines, find pictures that start with the letter you have chosen. Cut out the pictures and paste to your piece of paper. I let my 2 year old practice cutting with his scissors while we do this too.
Write the name of your object by its picture. Practice saying the words and letters throughout the week or as long as you study that specific letter.




Don't be afraid to paste pictures of things your child doesn't recognize. Like I said, this is a great way to build vocabulary. My husband was amazed when my son was 1 1/2 and could recognize a picture of a Beluga Whale and say "Beluga" after we did our B words with this activity!

No comments: